RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- FONA International
- KP OnCall
- University Presbyterian Church
- Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Inscape Solutions
- Tarong Energy Corporations
- RSM Richter Chamberland
- Paramount Petroleum
- University of the Pacific
- City of Boulder,Colorado
- United Educators
- District of Saanich
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Employees are adopting social media to effectively interact personally with others at an astounding rate.
- Tools that enable the same type of peer-to-peer network building among employees are enterprise-ready, but most enterprise collaboration strategies aren’t up to speed.
- Vendors of collaboration platforms and enterprise applications (CRM, ERP, etc.) are rapidly adding social collaboration tools and SharePoint integration to their products.
- Effectively driving end-user adoption of collaboration tools has proven frustrating to many organizations.
- Collaboration is critical for knowledge workers. Organizational hierarchies are valuable for resource management, but are not sufficient as a framework for employee-to-employee (E2E) interaction.
- Enabling employees and teams to form direct (peer) connections to other employees and teams based upon knowledge and expertise shortens cycle times, improves knowledge reuse, and builds long-lasting relationships between employees across organizational boundaries.
- Social tools use the friend-of-a-friend model to drive superior knowledge sharing and team productivity. Social workflow management is a new trend that uses social collaboration tools to manage projects, pull in relevant application data, and “get work done.”
Impact and Result
- Understand what value social collaboration tools add to traditional collaboration in order to build or update the organization’s collaboration strategy.
- Create an effective strategy for enterprise collaboration by pattern matching repeatable employee-use patterns, not tools, to produce collaboration solutions that effectively blend social and traditional collaboration.
- Review the current collaboration product market to make sound upgrade and/or procurement decisions from among the options of collaboration platform vendors, with particular attention to social workflow management and cloud file storage solutions.
- Encourage a culture of collaboration across the organization to effectively implement collaboration solutions that include social collaboration.
1. Understand the value of collaboration tools and how to map such tools to collaboration patterns
Build an effective E2E collaboration strategy.
2. Assess organizational readiness for collaboration tools and develop a business plan for effective implementation
Produce collaboration solutions that blend social and traditional collaboration.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.