This phase will help you assess and understand your current SQA practices as well as the degree to which metric objectives are being met. The phase will take you through the following activities:
- Conduct a high-level assessment of where to focus your current state analysis.
- Document your high-level development process.
- Create a RACI chart to understand roles and responsibilities.
- Undergo a SIPOC-MC analysis for problem areas identified in your SDLC.
- Identify the individual control points involved with passing software artifacts through SDLC stages being assessed.
- Identify problem areas within your SDLC as they relate to SQA.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Optimize Your SQA Practice Using a Full Lifecycle Approach.