The Authority Matrix can be used by managers to provide basic guidelines around decision-making boundaries. It ensures employees understand what is in and what is out of their decision-making control. The tool is very basic but can be easily adapted to suit each manager's needs.
- Allows you to document your tasks and the roles involved.
- Assigns authority to each role. Is the employee:
- Responsible? Carries out the task.
- Accountable? Approves the task.
- Consulted? Sought out for input on the task.
- Informed? Notified of task progress.