Design a Customer Service Strategy that Serves the Social Customer
Drive customer satisfaction & retention with social channels.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: March 22, 2011
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Web 2.0 has added a new set of interaction channels, including social channels, that are strongly favored by customers. This requires organizations to revisit their customer service strategy.
- Organizations are exploiting new interaction channels for sales and marketing, but generally lag in merging these channels into their customer service strategy.
- Customer service organizations are unsure when and how to integrate social media into their customer service strategy.
- Customers are rapidly adopting social channels for engaging suppliers, as well interacting among themselves. As a result, service strategies based on older Web 1.0 interaction channels are losing effectiveness.
- Most organizations have not integrated Web 2.0 channels with their customer service infrastructure, which prevents development of the most effective hybrid channel service strategy.
- Proactive monitoring of the social cloud for service opportunities is more effective at achieving service goals than simply adding social channels for customer-initiated inquiries.
Impact and Result
- Understand how customer service fits into the broader CRM picture to assess social media for customer service and update customer service strategies.
- Assess the value of new and old customer service channels to design an effective hybrid channel customer service strategy.
- Adopt best practices for service technology integration and customer service procedures to achieve customer service goals at the lowest cost-to-serve.
Get to Action
Understand how customer service fits into the broader CRM picture and adopt best practices for service technology integration
Assess social media for customer service, update strategies, and achieve service goals at the lowest cost-to-serve.
Assess the value of new and old customer service channels
Design an effective hybrid channel customer service strategy.
Related Solution Sets
Companies Who Helped
- Wales and West Housing Association
- Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
- Farm Credit Services of Illinois
- John C. Nordt Company
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Ascensus Inc.