Many organizations have implemented systems management but are failing to realize expected benefits. This is typically because organizations frequently underestimate the importance of clearly documented processes and procedures, value of staff development and training, criticality of cross-functional communication, and complexity of tool selection and configuration. Further, organizations typically over-rely on technology.
To get the most out of your systems management implementation, Info-Tech recommends the following five-step approach:
- Assess current systems management capabilities
- Align systems management practices with organizational priorities
- Refine systems management processes with visual SOPs
- Refine your systems management software toolkit
- Build a plan to implement your optimization initiative
This blueprint guides clients through a DIY project, analyst-facilitated Guided Implementations, or an onsite workshop that will help organizations to get the most value out of their systems management efforts.