- Increasing labor costs and the challenge of optimally scheduling staff to meet hotel peaks and valleys causes manual housekeeping practices to become unsustainable.
- As brand choices and competition increase and customer expectations continue to rise, guest room cleanliness and quality of guest service become key. Organizations need to efficiently ensure housekeeping consistency and real-time awareness of room inventory status.
- Housekeeping automation tools enable hoteliers to track, measure, and drive sustained housekeeping operations performance (in-house or via outsourced/third party) and ROI by utilizing KPIs and dashboards that provide transparency into housekeeping operations efficiency, quality, and room turnaround times.
- The guest experience continues to be one of the key differentiating factors among all hotel brands. Housekeeping automation tools enable the management of cleaning assignments based on real-time ETAs of guests and reservation-driven criteria that otherwise would not be possible. Additionally, when integrated with the PMS and other hospitality tools, housekeeping automation tools can collect and utilize guest information, statistics, and behaviors to provide an optimized and consistent guest experience.
Impact and Result
- Housekeeping solutions will enable dramatic improvements in housekeeping operations and typically deliver a payback in less than three months through improvements to operational efficiency and effectiveness. Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to forecasting and scheduling, communications, and inputs/constraints to rules and queuing.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to understand what’s new in the housekeeping automation market for gaming, hotel, and resort enterprises and compare and contrast the major housekeeping automation vendors.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 -
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Guided Implementation #2 -
Call #1 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Guided Implementation #3 -
Call #1 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.