- IT is expected to keep tabs on hundreds, even thousands, of projects happening at any given instant – to provide snapshots of where they are now and where they will need to go.
- Accurate tracking of projects and resource management can be an issue for organizations as timesheet data is often inaccurate or unreported.
- Prioritizing and selecting the best project to invest in and work on can be a challenge for organizations. PPM solutions can assist in strategic decision-making, ensuring that efforts are being made in the most appropriate areas.
- PPM solutions depend on the validity of the information input to timesheets and budgets. If this information is inaccurate, don’t expect much insight from resource planning features. Vendors are now offering solutions to manage reactive work in order to increase the accuracy of timesheet and resource capacity information.
- PPM vendors are adding social UIs to their solutions in an effort to increase use of the system and drive adoption of core features.
- When selecting a PPM solution consider whether you will need to pull in data from other business systems or if departments are already using their own PPM solution. Be diligent to ensure these systems migrate or integrate with the enterprise-wide solution you choose.
Impact and Result
- Understand today’s enterprise PPM market, where it’s going, and what the leading vendors are doing.
- Identify the solution best suited to your enterprise PPM needs.