RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- IT is expected to keep tabs on hundreds, even thousands, of projects happening at any given instant – to provide snapshots of where they are now and where they will need to go.
- Accurate tracking of projects and resource management can be an issue for organizations as timesheet data is often inaccurate or unreported.
- Prioritizing and selecting the best project to invest in and work on can be a challenge for organizations. PPM solutions can assist in strategic decision-making, ensuring that efforts are being made in the most appropriate areas.
- PPM solutions depend on the validity of the information input to timesheets and budgets. If this information is inaccurate, don’t expect much insight from resource planning features. Vendors are now offering solutions to manage reactive work in order to increase the accuracy of timesheet and resource capacity information.
- PPM vendors are adding social UIs to their solutions in an effort to increase use of the system and drive adoption of core features.
- When selecting a PPM solution consider whether you will need to pull in data from other business systems or if departments are already using their own PPM solution. Be diligent to ensure these systems migrate or integrate with the enterprise-wide solution you choose.
Impact and Result
- Understand today’s enterprise PPM market, where it’s going, and what the leading vendors are doing.
- Identify the solution best suited to your enterprise PPM needs.
1. Understand the enterprise PPM market and options
Make an informed decision about enterprise PPM solutions.
2. Create a shortlist of enterprise PPM vendors
Streamline the vendor evaluation and selection process.
3. Create an RFP document
Determine three-year TCO for shortlisted PPM solutions.
4. Engage PPM vendors for a product demonstration
Select the best PPM solution for your requirements.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpreting and acting on RFP results: Review vendors RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.