- As tribes establish their own court systems and technology resources enter additional areas of government services and operations, court automation solutions with data sharing and integration with other justice agencies (e.g. police) and the ability to enable public access will become more widespread.
- Automation of court operations is driven by the need to improve communication and ICWA compliance, and as tribes obtain funding from the Office of Tribal Justice Support and opt to establish their own court systems.
- Due to the challenges in this market, a solution’s flexibility, modularity, integration, and customization become of paramount importance.
- Have a solid foundation by first ensuring your current processes are consistent across all court and tribunals.
- Training and support will prove to be critical, as the commitment of all court staff to possible process changes and the new technology will lead to acceptance and improved operations.
Impact and Result
- Shortlist the solutions based on your feature requirements, paying close attention to integration and reporting capabilities.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare and contrast the major Court & Docket Management System (CDMS) vendors, and then create a shortlist of the most appropriate vendors.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!