- The current economic situation is forcing business leaders to ask IT departments to do more with less.
- In this budget-constrained environment, care must be taken to cut costs in an effective and disciplined manner.
- Leaders of small-enterprise IT departments generally feel constrained regardless of the current economy. Cuts to the budget may create bigger shock waves than the business is ready or willing to handle.
- Take a strategic approach to cost cutting. First focus on activities that will have an immediate impact on the budget and then review cuts that take time to implement but offer significant savings.
- Involve business management in IT budget decisions that have business impact to lessen the effect of IT cuts.
Impact and Result
- Realize real savings to the IT bottom line.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!