- IT organizational placement and design can impact the availability and allocation of tribal nation funding sources and grant opportunities.
- Rules, regulations, and compacts can add further complexity to the discussion and decision-making process of IT organization placement and design.
- Discussion around and changes to IT organizational placement and design can unearth operating inefficiencies and result in a politically charged initiative.
Influencing Forces Have Implications on IT Organizational Transformation
Internal and external forces can have an impact on current and future funding source utilization and availability.
IT Organization Placement and Design Create Two Distinct Discussions
Placement and design should be considered as separate initiatives and then in conjunction with one another.
IT as a Trusted Partner
When thoughtfully placed and designed, IT will increase its maturity level and become a trusted partner in nation building.
Impact and Result
This blueprint will walk you through strategic decision-making topics that tribal nations should explore and document prior to initiating an IT placement and organization design process. Each tribal nation is unique, and this necessitates in-depth future-state analysis and vigilant documentation of distinct tribal nation context and requirements, as well as allowing for flexibility and growth over time.
- Identify and document rules, regulations, and compacts that influence the IT organization’s current state and differentiate between actual and perceived influencing forces.
- Explore and document key areas of focus for IT organization placement and design within your unique tribal nation.
- Analyze key areas of focus against the IT organization’s current state and gain an understanding of the implications for IT organization placement and design.
- Craft a communication plan that will address key areas of focus and provide mitigation tactics to gain and maintain ongoing buy-in for this initiative as you move through IT organizational change.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average Days Saved
Onsite Workshop: Prepare for Your Tribal Nation’s IT Organizational Design
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Understand Tribal Nation Context Around IT Organizational Design
- To understand the tribal nation context around IT organizational design.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A heightened understanding of the business implications on IT organizational design.
Document influencing forces.
- PESTLE analysis
Explore unique considerations.
- SWOT analysis
Document tribal nation implications on IT.
- Completed IT Implications Checklist
Complete stakeholder power map and draft authority matrix.
- Completed stakeholder power map
- Completed draft authority matrix
Module 2: Analyze and Communicate Tribal Nation IT Organizational Foundational Knowledge
- Key areas of focus play a vital role in determining the potential value and impact of your tribal nation’s IT organizational design.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Define and document key areas of focus for your tribal nation’s IT placement and design.
- Leverage these areas of focus in decision making and communicating to IT and throughout your tribal nation to strengthen your rationale for moving forward.
Define key areas of focus.
- Completed capabilities assessment
Understand the operating model context.
- Completed pros and cons list
Finalize authority matrix.
- Finalized authority matrix
Create communication plan.
- Finalized communication plan