- Enterprises begin integrating their applications without recognizing the need for a managed and documented governance model.
- Application Integration (AI) is an inherently complex concept, involving the communication among multiple applications, groups, and even organizations; thus developing a governance model can be overwhelming.
- The options for AI Governance are numerous and will vary depending on the size, type, and maturity of the organization, adding yet another layer of complexity.
- Governance is essential with integrated applications. If you are planning to integrate your applications, you should already be considering a governance model.
- Proper governance requires oversight into chains of responsibility, policy, control mechanisms, measurement, and communication.
- People and process are key. Technology options to aid in governance of integrated apps exist, but will not greatly contribute to the success of AI.
Impact and Result
- Assess your capabilities and determine which area of governance requires the most attention to achieve success in AI.
- Form an Integration Center of Competency to oversee AI governance to ensure compliance and increase success.
- Conduct ongoing training with your personnel to ensure up-to-date skills and end user understanding.
- Frequently revisit your AI governance strategy to ensure alignment with business goals.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!