THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Market Research
- Kraft Foods
- Gowans Research
- Kaizen Infosource LLc
- Info Tech Research Group
- SSAB Americas
- IT leaders must create a strategy and assess the options presented when bringing the global network infrastructure into a working state.
- Many IT leaders have limited knowledge and experience on how to tackle network issues, such as connectivity, latency, and availability on a global scale.
- Ordering data lines to do business with the organization's foreign operations is NOT the same as in North America. IT leaders must understand the challenges in planning, timelines, and budget in order to be successful in deploying the global network to support the business.
- Many IT leaders in North America will make the assumption that deploying the network will take the same time as within their country at 4-6 weeks. However, with added network complexity, vendors, geographical limitations and challenges, the majority of global network deployments can take over 17 weeks to deploy successfully.
- Most IT leaders assume that they can just call their provider and get set up immediately when charged with deploying a global network. While for larger carriers, such as AT&T and Verizon this may be a possibility, many smaller North American providers do not have a global presence.
- Last-mile-costs in many countries can be unexpectedly high. Without conducting proper due diligence, organizations could find themselves spending several thousand dollars per month to connect from the street to the building. In addition, connectivity costs vary wildly from country to country. Many enterprises experience a range of $1,000 to $250,000 in one-time connection costs, and anywhere from $1,000 per month up to $100,000 per month afterward.
Impact and Result
- Prepare for the unique challenges faced when deploying a global network.
- Maximize your success by gathering global network requirements to work with carriers and vendors on the best solution for the global deployment.
- Develop a strategy for the global network by assessing the options for global network management and deployment.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.