- IT and the business do not understand the root causes behind data quality issues when developing corrective initiatives.
- Small enterprises lack the resources that larger organizations possess to dedicate toward improving and maintaining high data quality.
- Maintaining data quality requires a culture that views data quality as an ongoing, iterative process and not merely a one-off project.
- Building a data glossary is a low-cost, high-impact method of maintaining data quality in a centralized location that small enterprise IT shops can leverage. The data glossary serves as a solid stepping stone in the process of building a data-centric mindset amongst stakeholders and end users.
Impact and Result
- Info-Tech’s tailored small enterprise research provides a clear roadmap to help IT leaders better understand the underlying issues from which poor data quality frequently arises.
- The organization is then able to develop a set of short- and long-term initiatives to improve data quality.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.