- Effective data management requires a cross-functional approach that engages both the business and IT.
- Despite the growing focus on data, many organizations struggle to develop an effective strategy for managing their data assets.
- Effective data management is more than just a technical solution. It requires a change in culture from the business and investments in resourcing, technology, and process.
- Data management is not one size fits all. Cut through the noise related to data management and create a strategy and process that is right for the organization.
- Take a data-oriented approach. Maintain a focus on data throughout a project’s planning, delivery, and evaluation stages.
Impact and Result
- Use this blueprint to develop, document, and prioritize the steps involved in building the data strategy.
This guided implementation is an eight call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Discuss project success factors during a scoping call.
Call #1 - Review Info-Tech’s applications practice and its services.
Call #2 - Review the blueprint’s structure, outputs, and content.
Call #3 - Discuss the data culture in the business.
Guided Implementation #2 - Discuss necessary inputs for data strategies.
Call #1 - Review SWOT results.
Call #2 - Review interview notes.
Call #3 - Identify any pressing topics.
Guided Implementation #3 - Review identified strategies.