This template will help you compose a comprehensive project portfolio (PPM) strategy. It includes an executive brief to establish the need for PPM, a plan for process improvement, and an analysis to support the business case for improving PPM.
The PPM strategic plan has the following sections:
- Project Portfolio Management Strategy, Expectations, and Leadership Mandate
- Project Demand and Resource Supply
- The Current State of Resource Utilization
- PPM Processes: project intake, prioritization, and approval; resource management; portfolio reporting; project closure; benefits realization; and tools for PPM
- The Economic Impact of PPM
- PPM Strategy Next Steps
For instructions on how to use this template with your own data, consult the blueprint, Develop a Project Portfolio Management Strategy.