Identify your organization's key meeting challenges and best practices to fix them. Whether you're a CIO, an HR professional, or someone that is tired of awful meetings, you can use this catalog to make your meetings run more effectively.
This guide contains a catalog of common meeting pain points, root causes, and steps you can take to address the challenge. This list includes:
- Meetings that should be email.
- Meetings with no clear purpose.
- Meetings that take up too much time.
- Video conference fatigue.
- Sense of disconnect during virtual and hybrid meetings.
- Attendees are not participating equally.
- Uncertainty over how to manage hybrid meetings.
- Attendees are not engaged in meetings.
- Organizational silos are forming between work sites and are excluding virtual attendees.
- Interacting with people from different languages, time zones, and cultures.
- Meeting rooms aren't optimized for adding remote attendees.
- Poor network quality impacts audio and video.
You can't fix virtual meetings, remote meetings, hybrid meetings, and in-person meetings simply by installing a new web conferencing tool such as Zoom, Cisco Webex, or Microsoft Teams. Address the root causes of challenges and improve the remote-work experience to enable employees to work from anywhere. Use this guide in conjunction with the blueprint Run Effective Meetings.