Do not wait to begin sourcing ideas that will advance the reputation of IT. It will only take a few weeks to assemble a team to start facilitating IT-led innovation.
Use the activities in this phase to:
- Identify areas that IT needs to innovate around in order to increase business satisfaction.
- Assemble an innovation working group.
- Assign roles and responsibilities for the innovation process.
- Communicate the innovation initiative to the rest of the department.
- Prepare the team to begin sourcing ideas and launch the initiative.
Put just enough structure around your innovation initiative to get it kick-started effectively.