As organizations mature, their social media goals need to mature as well. Executing an effective social media strategy can be daunting without the proper tools, structure, and organization. Identify the stage at which your organization currently resides – distributed, loosely coupled, or command center – to better understand the steps required to improve upon existing strategies. As full maturity is achieved, adopt a physical social media command center that unifies and integrates all process domains under an enterprise-wide steering committee.
Use this research to:
- Assess your organization’s social media maturity
- Establish a Social Media Steering Committee
- Decide upon a compatible deployment model for your social media management platform (SMMP)
- Effectively execute a social media program
- Create a command center (physical, virtual, or hybrid)
An effective social media program allows for a unified presentation of the organization’s social initiatives. Integration of this program with existing business areas (e.g. CRM) will further the ability of an organization to tailor social media strategies to target audiences.