Follow Info-Tech's disaster recovery plan (DRP) development workflow to implement a successful DRP pilot. The phases in this workflow are outlined below.
Prioritize applications for DR planning:
- Identify business operations/services.
- Identify applications that support each business operation.
- Prioritize applications based on perceptions/instinct.
DR planning for Tier 1 applications:
- Identify dependencies for each application.
- Conduct a business impact analysis.
- Determine desired/target RTOs/RPOs based on business impact analysis.
- Document current-state DRP.
- Identify gaps between current vs. desired RTOs/RPOs.
- Identify projects to close gaps.
- Plan and implement business-approved project work.
- Update the DRP.