This tool takes you through the multi-step process of generating ideas for data warehouse modernization and building a roadmap for implementation.
- Input Stakeholders: Identifying the stakeholder groups who will provide information to support the modernization process.
- Idea Collection: Documenting the business ideas for modernization after hosting a business user workshop.
- Overall Strategic Direction: Using a brief summary diagram to understand what value business users hope to drive with modernization.
- Technology Matching: Identifying the technology that will support the business ideas.
- Initiative Building: Consolidating business ideas to create initiatives, as well as assigning priorities and stakeholder involvement.
- Roadmap: Creating a roadmap for your modernization initiatives after determining enablers/barriers and assigning start/end dates.
The high-level roadmap for your modernization initiatives should be included in the business case section of the Data Warehouse Modernization Deployment Plan.