IT leaders must consider many components when deciding project priority, including whether projects are applicable to all sites, meet evolving business needs, and include stakeholder demands – all while operating under constrained resources. As a result, prioritizing IT projects continues to be increasingly challenging.
- Keep an inventory of tasks and projects required for data center consolidation.
- Score and rank projects according to criteria such as legality, business impact, and level of dependency.
- Create a prioritized list of projects.
- Plan for required resourcing and conduct a budget analysis.
- Create a detailed timeline for identified and prioritized data center consolidation projects.