Developing a test strategy is an integral first step of an application testing process. This downloadable template presents the starting point for building an application test strategy. The test strategy includes key information such as:
- The objectives, scope, and approach of the application testing effort.
- The schedule and timeline.
- The testing resources (e.g. who will be testing what).
- Testing environment requirements.
- Defect tracking procedures.
- Testing metrics.
A detailed test strategy template provides IT testing managers with a tool to document a comprehensive plan in the early stages of application development lifecycle.
This downloadable tool is associated with the research note, "Five Fundamentals of a Successful Application Test Strategy."