Access this Note FREE by giving us your email address.When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
In the midst of a stalled economic take-off, IT leaders have already exhausted the traditional cost reduction methods by targeting individual service and infrastructure costs. Cost optimization requires a holistic view of the IT service hierarchy. Optimization opportunities can be realized in three major steps: by introducing service-level tiering, by implementing a shared capacity planning process, and by consolidating vendor relationships.
Use this research to help:
- Match service levels to actual user needs to avoid overspending on excessive performance
- Avoid unnecessary and wasteful resource acquisitions
- Reduce the cost and improve the value of vendor services
The three-step model lays the groundwork for an effective transition from cost reduction to cost optimization.
Already a member?