RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Policies and procedures are critical governance tools in every enterprise. Where policies dictate the rules, procedures explain how these same rules are practically applied in real life. Taken as a collective, policies and procedures set expectations for behaviors and activities, as well as provide mechanisms to enforce these expectations.
Given the importance and relative “permanence” of policy and procedure documents, they should be carefully and conscientiously crafted in order to withstand both time and scrutiny. The goal of this Policies and Procedures Definition program is to provide the tools and guidance necessary to construct these governing documents.
This program includes three key steps:
- Inventory Policies and Procedures
- Create Policies and Procedures
- Gain Policy and Procedure Approval
Tools included in this bundle:
- IT Department Policy and Procedure Manual
- Draft Review Form
- Information Technology Standards and Guidelines
- Policy and Procedure Development Guide
- Policy and Procedure Inventory Tool
- Policy Needs/Gap Assessment Tool
- Policy/Procedure Approval Form
- Policy/Procedure Change Impact Assessment
- Policy/Procedure Requirements Document
- Policy/Procedure Review Communications Letter
- Policy/Procedure Stakeholder List
- Policy/Procedure Work Team Schedule Tool
- Policy Template
- Procedure Template