Organizations continue to underestimate the role of IT in M&A transactions. The involvement of IT in the due diligence phase is critical to providing a better view of risks, improving the ease of integration, and optimizing synergies post-merger.
- Preparing an IT due diligence charter to gain the support and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Gaining the trust and buy-in from executive management by providing a brief presentation that gets IT involved early in the due diligence phase.
- Evaluating the health of IT capabilities that support the business throughout an M&A transaction.
- Tracking, collecting, and documenting information throughout the due diligence phase in a structured report.
- Creating an integration budget to submit to the M&A team for approval by management.