A high-functioning supply chain allows organizations to deliver the right quantity of products to the right place at the right time for a reasonable cost. Satisfy your customers’ increasing expectations and provide a platform for organizational growth with the right SCM software.
- SCM strategy created in a vacuum. Don’t develop a supply chain management strategy without a thorough understanding of the overall business strategy. SCM software should execute the supply chain strategy which operationalizes and supports the business strategy.
- Paving the cattle path. New software will not fix bad processes. Often organizations don’t take a step back to evaluate current processes and find areas for improvement.
- Overpaying for unnecessary capabilities. Don’t get fooled by impressive features that are not necessary for your organization. Understand what your organization’s needs are and select an SCM software based on these.
- Define “supply chain management” within your organization’s and industry’s context. SCM means different things for different people. Define what it means for your organization to ensure a maximally impactful selection.
- Identify how supply chain provides value for your organization. Trace the delivery of goods and services throughout the value chain to understand the role the supply chain plays in your organization’s success.
- Understand what’s possible with today’s SCM software. Understand what’s offered by today’s SCM solutions. Automation and electronic data interchange have become table stakes. SCM is now about streamlining the entire experience and optimizing relationships within the value chain.
- Review SCM software players. Align vendor capabilities back to your organizational identity and how you provide value to end consumers.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.