- Ori Inbar, Co-Founder and CEO, AugmentedReality.org
- Frédéric Harper, Head of Developer Relations, Mashape
- Christine Perey, Founding Director, PEREY Research & Consulting
- The days of offering baseline mobile capabilities such as email, enterprise storage, and collaboration are behind us. Today, businesses are looking at mobile as a means of offering improved and innovative business services and capabilities to remain competitive.
- The mobile landscape is continually evolving. It is hard to predict which trends will make a significant impact and difficult to prepare for them.
- Mobile innovation has its risks. Exposure to sensitive enterprise systems, the rise of new attack surfaces, and the relative nascence of some mobile development frameworks adds to the complexity.
- Tomorrow’s trends can be a complete shift from what they are today. Without a strong mobile dev foundation, apps are developed with broken functionality which results in low user satisfaction and adoption.
- Enable today’s mobile trends in your existing apps to remain competitive. Offer value to the business in the form of new or enhanced services. You run the risk of losing out on significant opportunities if not examined.
- Prepare for tomorrow’s trends with emphasis on security, performance, and API dev competencies. Misaligned dev may limit the scalability and availability of your platform for future dev.
Impact and Result
- Learn about trending mobile technologies that will give you a competitive advantage: Select the trends that are aligned and support your overall business strategy and value creation objectives.
- Strengthen your mobile dev components and competencies to ease your trend enablement: Assess the integration, dependencies, and data of your mobile stack, and identify the necessary components and skills that will enable development of today’s trending mobile capabilities.
- Look beyond today’s trends and prepare: Stay informed with the evolution of mobile technologies and prepare your teams and stack for future mobile enhancements with tomorrow’s mobile trends.
This guided implementation is a five call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Assess fit with trending mobile capabilities
Call #1 - Discuss the current mobile landscape and the opportunities with implementing today’s and tomorrow’s trends.
Call #2 - Review the alignment of trending mobile capabilities to your business strategy and objectives, and the fit of your pilot project.
Guided Implementation #2 - Enable mobile trends with strong dev competencies
Call #1 - Review your mobile dev maturity and gaps in your mobile stack.
Call #2 - Discuss the necessary security, performance optimization, and API dev competencies to ease the implementation of mobile trends.
Call #3 - Discuss how trends like location-based services, near field communication, and mobile smart objects can be implemented to address specific business needs.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Assess the Fit with Trending Mobile Capabilities
- Gauge the importance and value of mobile to your organization.
- Investigate the business opportunities with enabling today’s trending mobile technologies and use cases.
- Understand the importance of strong mobile development competencies for future enhancements.
- Select a pilot project to demonstrate business value to stakeholders.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Realization of the value of mobile within your organization.
- Identification of mobile use cases and trends aligned to your business objectives and requirements.
- Selection of a best-fitting pilot project.
Embrace mobile in your organization.
- Evaluation of your current mobile portfolio.
See how mobile trends can benefit the business.
- Mapping trending mobile functions to business objectives through use cases.
Enhance your mobile dev competencies.
- High-level assessment of current mobile dev competencies.
Select your pilot.
- Best-fitting mobile pilot project.
Module 2: Enable Mobile Trends with Strong Dev Competencies
- Gauge mobile dev maturity and the readiness to begin implementation of mobile trends.
- Review and optimize the current mobile stack, and mobile security, performance, and API dev competencies.
- Tailor steps to implement mobile trends.
- Obtain stakeholder approval to begin mobile enhancements.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Optimized mobile stack with mobile security, performance optimization, and API dev best practices.
- Steps to begin the implementation and support of mobile trends.
- Development of an action plan to gain stakeholder approval.
Identify your mobile dev issues and stack gaps.
- Mobile dev maturity, current state analysis of mobile stack, and list of metrics to measure success of pilot.
Strengthen your mobile dev competencies to ease app modernization.
- Security, performance, and API enhancements to current mobile stack.
Enable trending mobile capabilities in your applications.
- Implementation roadmap of mobile trends.