THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Current integrations are a series of hand-coded, point-to-point integrations with little consistency on the tool or approach used.
- Multiple tools and approaches are costly in terms of licensing, skill development, maintenance, and longer project time lines, but it's difficult to justify the cost of a data integration tool.
- This solution set will help quantify the cost of internal development, costs of building vs. buying data integration tools, and help select the right tool.
- At some point data integration tools become required for business growth. They improve operations, marketing, and customer experience.
- Data integration tools typically reduce development times by 60-75%and improve efficiency and operational success. If a tool can take one developer off your payroll, it has probably paid for itself.
- Choose your solution very carefully as products evaluated offer a tremendous range of functionality and target vastly different needs. Tool effectiveness is highly vendor-dependent as many tools don’t actually reduce necessary hand-coding.
- Platform standardization doesn’t lock you in with that vendor for tools; looking elsewhere is often more cost-effective.
- Prioritize integration; start with the mission critical, especially legacy systems.
Impact and Result
- Data integration tools decimate workloads; thirty-day processes can be done in twenty minutes!
- On completion of the work outlined in this solution set, you will be able to make a rational and informed vendor selection for a data integration solution, and dramatically improve your integration process.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.