Select and Implement Enterprise Mobility Management
- Users and the business demand support for a multitude of mobile devices, and your service desk is burdened by supporting them.
- Although company-issued devices are still widely present in many organizations, end-users resent IT having the same level of control over their personal iPhones and Android devices.
- EMM changes quickly. Though it is maturing, with many product offerings looking similar, new differentiating features appear every day.
- Advanced EMM suites offer a myriad of product options, making it difficult to define requirements and determine where to start. Implementing such a massive toolset can be complicated and unwieldly.
- EMM management will spread to become unified endpoint management. But if all you need are the basics, a less expensive vendor that focuses on mobility, for now, could be enough.
- EMM is like fire: use it to propel your company into the future, but be careful not to get burned by the hype.
Impact and Result
- Get a firm grip on requirements by assessing current and future end-user device strategy.
- Determine which EMM solution is most suitable for your organization’s needs without overpaying for features you will never need.
- Gain insight on what your implementation of EMM should look like to best take advantage of your new toolset.
- Review how different EMM products compare to each other within different use cases. It does not need to be one size fits all.
- Develop a list of steps to prepare for a full EMM implementation strategy.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should implement EMM, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Launch the EMM project and collect requirements
Create a project plan before exploring vendors. Gather requirements to determine your use case scenarios, then create a project charter to kick off the selection process.
Select your EMM solution
Review Info-Tech’s vendor evaluations, then develop a shortlist that fits your use cases. Move on to procurement with a demo script and RFP.
Get ready for your EMM implementation
Prepare for a full implementation process with a kick-off plan that gets a head start on planning the rollout.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch the EMM Project and Collect Requirements
- Get started with EMM by making the case for its capabilities, then collect requirements to prepare for choosing a vendor.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A well-thought-out plan for choosing an EMM vendor
Identify organizational fit for the technology.
- EMM procurement charter
Create the project plan.
- EMM use-case fit assessment
Module 2: Plan Your Procurement and Implementation Process
- Narrow your vendor choices to a shortlist, then assess capabilities using demos and an RFP. As vendors are being evaluated, kick off your plan for implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Choice of an EMM vendor that fits your requirements, without overpaying for capabilities you do not need
Discuss the use-case fit assessment results.
- A vendor shortlist
Review the vendor landscape.
Create an implementation kickoff plan.
- EMM project kickoff document