THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Nearly 80% of business-to-business traffic consists of files. Therefore, the right controls and mechanisms need to be in place to ensure file transfers are reliable and secure.
- Many organizations are looking at managed file transfer (MFT) vendors to meet regulatory compliance, increase security, and automate file transfers.
- Vendors tout advanced capabilities, but depending on use case, a simpler or more complex solution will be warranted.
- This blueprint isolates key differentiators amongst vendors and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- Conduct upfront planning. Application implementation failures are often accredited to a lack of upfront planning and requirements gathering. Ensure the business needs and IT environment is well understood before selecting a solution.
- Leverage use cases. Base your vendor selection on your requirements and use case, not on overall performance.
- Understand the need for compliance and security. Compliance and security fuel market growth. File transfer protocol (FTP) is no longer seen as a viable option to manage file transfer securely inside and outside the enterprise. MFT has filled that role and is seeing rapid adoption as compliance standards extend their reach.
- Assess deployment flexibility. When it comes to the cloud, vendors recognize the demand for deployment flexibility; however, buyers are still wary of potential security issues revolving around compliance.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the managed file transfer market.
- Evaluate MFT vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
- Learn about best practices for implementing an MFT solution.
- Avoid common challenges and barriers that will hinder the success of the implementation.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Launch the MFT selection project
Call #1 - Identify the value of MFT and create a procurement project plan.
Call #2 - Understand your current integration environment and start collecting requirements for your MFT solution.
Guided Implementation #2 - Select an MFT solution
Call #1 - Determine vendor shortlist.
Call #2 - Discuss use-case fit assessment results.
Call #3 - Discuss MFT solution.
Guided Implementation #3 - Implement the MFT solution
Call #1 - Create the procurement strategy
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch Your MFT Selection Project
- Identify the scope and objectives of the workshop.
- Discuss the benefits and opportunities related to a MFT investment.
- Gain a high level understanding of MFT and the MFT market definitions and details.
- Outline a project plan and identify the resourcing requirements for the project.
- Gather MFT requirements from the business and IT.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Determine workshop scope.
- Identify the business drivers and benefits behind a MFT investment.
- Outline the project plan for the organization’s MFT selection project.
- Determine project resourcing.
- Identify/perform the steps to launch the organization’s selection project.
- Understand the requirements of the business and the IT capabilities .
Identify business drivers and motivations for adopting MFT.
- Launched MFT selection project.
Identify the scope and purpose of your MFT selection.
Select the staff resourcing for your MFT selection team.
Identify baseline metrics.
Complete a project charter.
- Completion of a MFT project charter.
Interview MFT stakeholders.
- Completed stakeholder interviews.
Create level 1 data flow diagrams.
Document volume patterning.
- Completed requirements gathering.
Module 2: Select Your MFT Solution
- Identify the organization’s alignment to the Vendor Landscape use-case scenarios.
- Shortlist MFT vendors.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identified use-case scenarios for the future MFT solution.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the vendors in the market.
- Take a structured approach to submitting RFPs, shortlisting the vendors, and selecting the solution.
Identify use case scenario alignment.
Review Info-Tech’s MFT Vendor Landscape results.
Investigate additional vendors in the marketplace.
Create custom shortlist.
- Shortlist of MFT vendors
Edit the RFP template to submit to vendors.
- Completed RFP template.
Module 3: Implement Your MFT solution
- Identify the steps for the organization’s implementation process.
- Avoid common mistakes that occur during implementation.
- Measure the value of your implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Ensure the smooth roll-out of your MFT solution.
- Keep track of and quantify MFT success.
Brainstorm the implementation activities.
Assign ownership for activities and create a project timeline.
- A successful MFT implementation.
- A method for calculating value of the project.