Vendor Landscape: Web Content Management
Give marketing the tools it needs but keep the control in IT.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Organizations must effectively create and support web content. Those with multiple related websites need a web content management (WCM) solution that enables effective brand management.
- CIOs and IT departments are looking to put content development and management into the hands of marketing and need a WCM solution that integrates with marketing and enterprise tools.
- Organizations are seeking to incorporate and manage user generated content on their websites.
- The quality of content tools is high: focus on differentiating features, such as social tools and the presence of marketing analytics. Select your solution on the availability of advanced features that are most beneficial to your organization.
- This is no longer IT’s problem; WCM has moved out of IT’s domain and into marketing’s ownership. IT’s role now is implementation and technical support.
- Open source is a high quality option; open source solutions now have release schedules and a robust community that provides excellent support for novice users.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the WCM market.
- Evaluate WCM vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate the leading solutions for WCM
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the WCM solution that best meets enterprise needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Develop an ECM Strategy and Roadmap
Move Away from File Shares and Organize Enterprise Information
Right-Size the Information Governance Program
Implement an Email and Content Archive Solution
Break Open Your DAM With Intuitive Metadata
Reintroduce the Information Lifecycle to the Content Management Strategy
Find Information in the Enterprise
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Content Management for Knowledge Workers
Vendor Landscape: Process-Generated Content Management
Use SharePoint for Enterprise Content Management
Extend SharePoint to Overcome Key Challenges
Develop a SharePoint Governance Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Content and Email Archiving
eDiscovery: Ease Compliance through Repeatable Process
Select and Implement an Enterprise Content Management Solution
Establish a Rightsized ECM Governance Program