Risk assessment is important because it identifies logical ways to control the risks within a workplace. Risk assessments evaluate potential risks and try to minimize them to an acceptable level. This Risk Assessment Policy template includes the following:
- What the enterprise must do.
- How the enterprise must do it.
- Recommendations to customize the template to individual enterprise requirements.
Risks Addressed by Policy:
- Without risk assessments, the potential exists for organizations to leverage inappropriate (i.e. either too strict or too lax) security controls to protect information systems.
- When the elimination of risk is impossible, the risk assessment policy allows for the risk to be reduced.