After identifying the top big data use cases in phase 3, this phase will help to assemble the core components of the pilot project, such as a staffing model, cost/benefit analysis, and CSF/project risk documentation. In addition to the core components, this phase will take your project team through the architectural considerations to be made for adding big data and creating a compelling business case presentation for the project.
- This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Create a work breakdown structure for the pilot project.
- Determine your project's need for a data scientist, and the overall staffing model.
- Complete an in-depth cost/benefit analysis.
- Create a summary of critical success factors and potential risks.
- Design high-level big data architecture.