As Windows XP nears end of life, organizations need to consider the deployment of a new operating system, weighing the costs and benefits in order to determine the best fit. Organizations on Windows XP should be preparing to migrate to Windows 7. All organizations should be learning about Windows 8.
Use this research to:
- Understand the new features and issues with Windows 8.
- Identify whether Windows 8 makes sense for an enterprise-wide rollout in your organization.
- Prepare users for Windows 8 deployment.
- Prepare for and manage Windows 8 consumer devices as BYOD.
- Develop deployment plans for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Effectively manage change throughout deployment.
Organizations still running Windows XP will need to migrate to a new OS in the coming year or be prepared for the cost and risk of running an unsupported operating system.