Assess the internal and external environment to arrive at an operating model for the ERP project. The operating model would take into consideration the main drivers and alignment with corporate goals, and provide the business with a clear understanding of the current and future states for both processes and technology.
- Identify ERP drivers, objectives, and challenges.
- Discover the ERP benefits and opportunities.
- Align the ERP strategy with the corporate strategy.
- Map the current and future state of applications.
- Define the relevant mega-processes.
- Establish business process owners.
- Brainstorm key success metrics.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping.