This phase of the blueprint, Build a Vision for MDM, will help you create a project vision and structure. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Identify how your organization uses master data.
- Assess if your organization's data culture is ready for a MDM strategy. If not, identify why and create a plan to get ready.
- Align the goals of the business and IT for MDM.
- Obtain buy-in from executive powers by identifying specific benefits of MDM to your organization.
- Identify a project purpose.
- Define the scope.
- Create the project team.
- Build a RACI chart.
- Identify the risks.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Develop a Master Data Management Strategy and Roadmap.