RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Over the last two years there has been significant maturation in the design and implementation of blade technologies. While HP moved to a completely new chassis design and IBM upgraded its chassis, Dell Computers stuck with its previous packaging, the PowerEdge 1955.
Dell has now released its next generation of blade server, the PE M1000e. This product offers the latest innovations in blade technology including:
- More sockets for blades – a total of 16 half height slots.
- New server blades with Intel and AMD processors.
- Improved energy efficiency and power management.
- Enhanced I/O expandability without module replacement.
- Designed for two generations of blades without chassis replacement.