Success rests upon strong leadership. PMOs fail when they mistake governance for leadership. For an EPMO especially, the social and collaborative function of the EPMO leader is more crucial than the enforcement of adherence to processes. Ensuring that commitments get made, and are followed through upon, are what’s essential to implementation success.
This phase of the blueprint, Define and Deploy an Enterprise PMO, will walk you through the following:
- Determine your portfolio network model.
- Establish EPMO roles and responsibilities.
- Define standard operating procedures for portfolio governance, PPM administration, and project leadership.
- Define plans to deal with stakeholder resistance.
- Prepare a communications strategy document.