Olmsted Medical Center provides healthcare to communities in southern Minnesota via a centralized hospital and 13 clinical locations. Olmsted has recently implemented an Electronic Health Record, and wants to combine clinical and ambulatory data to give a single view of patient information. To that end, representatives from the technology and finance teams participated in a week-long Info-Tech workshop to develop a process for reviewing and refining data architecture principles and processes.
Summary & Success
- Assessed data management maturity, including relative strengths, weaknesses, and resulting priority issues.
- Conducted a value creation and risk mitigation assessment for each business process and application under review.
- Developed a data context diagram to understand the source and usage of data within defineed processes.
- Identified a repeatable data audit process.
- Established a target data architecture and identified initiatives required to make it a reality.