Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market Service Desk Software
Move past tickets to proactive, integrated service.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Service desk managers have recognized the need to integrate more applications and systems with workflows for end-to-end process efficiencies and information sharing.
- The business is requesting better self-serve features than just ticket creation and status updates, moving to a service catalog and knowledgebase for those users who are interested in solving their own issues.
- Service desk professionals are attempting to balance tool customization capabilities with ease of use.
- At a high level, the mid-market service desk solutions offer the same functionality. Look at a granular level to ensure best fit, focusing on your organization’s specific needs.
- Don’t be distracted by flashy features you won’t use. Before selecting a tool, ensure that business requirements are clearly defined and choose a tool that will support your unique user base and organizational needs.
- Ensure your tool can grow with you to support future ITSM processes or extend to other business departments if that’s in your roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the mid-market service desk space.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your mid-market needs using Info-Tech’s Mid-Market Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Understand the mid-market service desk market space
Understand the market and available options and features.
Review mid-market service desk solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit service desk tools for the mid-market.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.