Access this Template/Policy and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Incomplete information about upcoming projects (such as new apps or services) often leaves Infrastructure Managers scrambling to meet unexpected demand. For example, failure to account for the impact on network traffic related to a new app can lead to a critical performance issue.
Part of the challenge is the project drivers not being aware of what you need to know as an Infrastructure Manager. Use this checklist to ensure you get the information needed to properly prepare the infrastructure to meet the needs of the upcoming project.
This checklist includes sections for, but not limited to, the following:
- Project Overview
- Project Description
- Project Owners
- Business Requirements
- Business priority for these processes
- Expected demand for this service and the seasonality, if any, of that demand
- Performance requirements
- Server, Storage, and Network Requirements
- Number of servers
- Required OS
- Expected demand for storage
- Additional users and anticipated growth