Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
In light of internal and external business drivers, metrics are increasingly being used as powerful management tools that maintain and improve IT quality and effectiveness.
This research note takes an in-depth look at creating an IT metrics program for the enterprise.
Key topics discussed include:
- The definition of metrics, how they're used, and what a good metric looks like.
- The variety of metrics available.
- The objections to, and pitfalls of, metrics.
- How to integrate metrics into organizational workflows.
If implemented correctly, a metrics program holds much promise for aligning IT with the business and dramatically improving efficiencies.