RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Before efficient and effective role shifts are made in IT, it is essential to evaluate department staffing requirements. This tool helps to:
- Itemize required roles and expertise levels by project and task.
- Map a full-time equivalent value to each role based on business demand and required service level.
- Link individuals to roles to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Expose areas of staff redundancy and low need.
- Determine the best reduction candidates based on the changed environment.
Roles are not necessary or limited to what are listed within each IT area (App Dev, Management and Admin, Infrastructure Support, and Cloud Service Management). Organizations should use this tool to construct a complete and detailed staffing plan, and make sure the right staff are fully leveraged to mitigate the risk and maximize value from the cloud.