If you are a leader about to enter a new leadership role, a new leader, or an HR professional responsible for onboarding new leaders, use this storyboard for guidance throughout the first 100 days.
- Learn how to leverage spheres of influence.
- Prepare for the new leadership role before the first day.
- Determine a focus for the first 30, 60, and 100 days.
- Develop an iterative business and strategic plan to present to stakeholders.
- Identify and implement quick wins.
- Maintain solid connections with stakeholders to gain feedback and buy-in.
The first 100 days of a new leadership position need not be a flurry of confusion. New leaders must be proactive to optimize their early days in order to win long-term success on the job.