Organizations are becoming increasingly focused on the customer and much of this focus places technology at the center. However, the business units feel uncomfortable working with IT for customer-related projects because they don’t believe that IT understands the customer. IT struggles to understand what they should be doing different to support this growing customer-focus.
This storyboard includes:
- Preparing a project charter to gain the support of your key stakeholders.
- Determining the target processes your organization should adopt to fit your unique use case.
- Embedding IT staff in the business to ensure the smooth flow of customer information.
- Updating metrics and motivators to inspire IT staff to create solutions that are truly innovative.
- Effectively communicating and training IT staff on the new changes.
Take a process-based approach for aligning IT with the customer, grounded in what you know, that doesn’t involve turning your developers into sales representatives.