THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Organizations need to decide which desktop virtualization solution will integrate best with their existing infrastructure.
- Investments in desktop virtualization are not small; therefore, a solution which has features that fully support the organization and end users is important.
- Technology in this space is advancing rapidly. Obtain the facts on five different vendors in Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape: Desktop Virtualization.
- Top vendors such as Citrix and VMware offer a full suite of desktop virtualization features, while other vendors are able to provide cheaper alternatives and unique solutions such as full, end-to-end virtualization.
- Mobility is key with top vendors able to not only provide desktop virtualization to a wide range of mobile devices, but optimization and MDM services as well.
- The end user is still king. The end-user experience determines the success or failure of desktop virtualization solutions. Each vendor continues on the trend of providing a “close to” native experience through desktop virtualization regardless of the endpoint.
- The cloud is here to stay. With the growth of cloud services, requirements for internal resources are decreasing. Vendors who can offer desktop as a service infrastructure will see increased adoption of their solutions.
Impact and Result
- When looking at desktop virtualization vendors, focus on the features that are offered more than the cost.
- Each vendor offers a unique solution of its own; select the one that best fits the needs of your organization.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpreting and Acting on RFP Results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase Optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.