THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Organizations need to decide which desktop virtualization solution will integrate best with their existing infrastructure.
- Investments in desktop virtualization are not small; therefore, a solution which has features that fully support the organization and end users is important.
- Technology in this space is advancing rapidly. Obtain the facts on five different vendors in Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape: Desktop Virtualization.
- Top vendors such as Citrix and VMware offer a full suite of desktop virtualization features, while other vendors are able to provide cheaper alternatives and unique solutions such as full, end-to-end virtualization.
- Mobility is key with top vendors able to not only provide desktop virtualization to a wide range of mobile devices, but optimization and MDM services as well.
- The end user is still king. The end-user experience determines the success or failure of desktop virtualization solutions. Each vendor continues on the trend of providing a “close to” native experience through desktop virtualization regardless of the endpoint.
- The cloud is here to stay. With the growth of cloud services, requirements for internal resources are decreasing. Vendors who can offer desktop as a service infrastructure will see increased adoption of their solutions.
Impact and Result
- When looking at desktop virtualization vendors, focus on the features that are offered more than the cost.
- Each vendor offers a unique solution of its own; select the one that best fits the needs of your organization.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpreting and Acting on RFP Results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase Optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.