THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- The decision to co-locate (all or part of) the data center facility can be risky. The decision to build vs. buy is one of cost – IT decision makers must put in the time and effort to gather requirements, determine the needs of the business, and select a co-location vendor to ensure the engagement is successful.
- Organizations struggle to differentiate vendors to choose the best fit. It is important that organizations outline their individual requirements in order to ensure the most suitable vendor is selected.
- It is also extremely important that organizations foresee future needs. More organizations will require a hybrid model of services, including co-location, managed services, and cloud services. Select a vendor that can meet both current and future needs.
- Most mid-sized organizations begin with a co-location solution and evolve into a managed services or cloud solution. Therefore, it is important that vendors can provide a hybrid model to ensure that customers can evolve in the relationship.
- Many vendors in the co-location space have cut out their basic level of co-location service and are only offering managed services or cloud services.
- There are three Tiers of vendors (based on size, geography, and market influence); the majority of mid-sized enterprises should concentrate on vendors that fall into the Tier 2 category. Generally, there is really no difference in capacity or capability in the market – just size.
Impact and Result
- Understand the importance of a hybrid model when considering your co-location vendor.
- Evaluate European co-location/managed services vendors and services for your enterprise needs.
- Determine the requirements of your enterprise and ensure the vendor meets them.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.