- Developers are time-constrained when building mobile apps, which results in poor performance from the very beginning.
- Developers lack the expertise, processes, and proper tools to effectively enhance applications for mobile performance.
- Underperforming mobile applications can cause your employees to be unproductive and unsatisfied, limiting uptake.
- CEOs see mobile for employees as their top mandate for upcoming technology innovation initiatives.
- Organizations are looking to go beyond current development practices to provide better performing mobile applications that end users can be productive with.
- Enable your developers with the 11 key optimization techniques from Info-Tech’s development toolkit.
Impact and Result
- Create a repeatable process for your developers to continually evaluate and optimize mobile application performance.
- Build capabilities within your team based on Info-Tech’s framework.
- Support ongoing usability and performance improvements through monitoring and metric analysis.
This guided implementation is a five call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Understand the challenges & opportunities that exist with optimizing mobile performance
Call #1 - Understand the challenges & benefits of a mobile performance initiative
Guided Implementation #2 - Use optimization techniques to improve mobile web application performance
Call #1 - Optimize critical rendering path performance
Call #2 - Optimize mid-tier and backend performance
Call #3 - Optimize network performance
Guided Implementation #3 - Test and monitor your mobile apps as part of continuous improvement
Call #1 - Develop a process to test and monitor your enterprise mobile web applications as part of continuous improvement
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Understand the Challenges & Opportunities That Exist With Optimizing Mobile Performance
- Identification of current mobile development process.
- Identification of core metrics to measure mobile performance as it relates to the business.
- Identification of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of mobile development practices.
- Identification of areas of mobile development where performance needs to be improved.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Key opportunity areas where a performance optimization initiative can provide tangible benefits.
- Established business metrics to measure the success of the project.
- Identification of current dev capabilities and new optimization techniques that need to be applied.
Document your current mobile development process
- Current State Mobile Development Visual SOP
Conduct a SWOT analysis
Establish business metrics for measuring the value of the project
Conduct a high level assessment of the current development techniques
Module 2: Use Optimization Techniques to Improve Mobile Web Application Performance
- Discovery of performance optimization techniques to apply to current development practices.
- Identification of mobile application architecture.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Areas in frontend code that can be optimized for better performance.
- Areas in mid-tier, backend, and network layers that can be optimized for better performance.
Determine current mobile web app performance
Identify areas in your frontend code that can be optimized for a quicker first time to render
Determine the appropriate format for your image resources
Determine the post-optimized performance of your mobile web app at the frontend
Determine the current mobile web app performance at the mid-tier and backend layers
Document the application architecture to determine where asynchronous code is needed for your mobile web app
- Systems architecture
Develop a cache policy process for your mobile web application
Document your target state mobile development process with regards to performance optimization techniques
- Target State Mobile Development Visual SOP
Module 3: Test and Monitor Your Enterprise Mobile Web Applications as Part of Continuous Improvement
- Identification of key areas to consider for performance and load testing.
- Identification of approaches to mobile application monitoring.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Development of performance test plan
Create a performance test plan for your mobile web apps
- Performance Test Plan