RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
When deploying a content filter, as with all IT initiatives, gathering configuration requirements is of the utmost importance. Upper management needs to be consulted, along with middle management and end users, when deciding what content to block and when.
A phased approach is required to allow time to judge whether the policies and the solution are as effective as expected, and also to give end users the opportunity to provide input. Overall, the typical content filter’s deployment steps include:
- Gathering configuration requirements
- Implementing the chosen solution
- Enabling advanced features
- Building the filtering policies
- Piloting filter implementation
- Capturing feedback
- Continuing filter deployment until entire company is covered
Follow these steps to help minimize end user complaints and resistance to content filtering.