RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Success in application outsourcing is significantly more likely when the outsourcing organization is actively involved with the outsourcer to ensure progress; this is especially true when compared to organizations that essentially abdicate control to the outsourcer.
This research note covers a number of recommended practices for effective coordination with outsourcers. These include approaches to ensure:
- The delivered system meets actual business requirements.
- Resources are available when needed.
- Resources paid for are productively used.
- The project is completed on time.
- The quality of the system meets expectations.
Organizations can significantly improve the success of outsourced application services through the recommended coordination approaches.